CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 09, 2007

The Art of Time Management

Truly, time management is an art that I haven't quite figured out yet. I am really good at time-wasting activities like watching TV, sleeping, sitting around, surfing the internet, etc...so when it comes to lesson planning, I tend to stay up late the night before writing them. I had an art lesson plan due Thursday, and I slept about 4 hours the night before. I'm a slight perfectionist, and that clashes with procrastination a whole lot in the teaching field.


I have another art lesson due next week, along with having to plan and teach University Days. I'm not even sure what that is, other than my imaginings of complete chaos as all the children in Northwest Arkansas invade the U of A campus, expecting the seniors who were (against our wills and with short noticed) drawn into teaching their math and science sessions to entertain them for hours on end.


I am really happy to be finished with my first lesson plan of the semester. I even tried out the project to see if it would work, since my teacher knows way more about art than I ever will. This is a turtle made in the style of Eric Carle, who paints tissue paper and then makes collages to illustrate his books.


I was finally placed in a classroom for my practicum...5th grade science. I saw the kids in the hallway on Thursday, and some of them are bigger than I am. This should be interesting.

0 comments: