CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Endoplasmic What?

I had my first 2-hour block of a 5th grade science class today. I am a lot more excited now about being in there than I was last week. I even got to watch an episode of Bill Nye on the huge projector screen. Even though Washington is an ancient building, they are way more up to date on technology than other schools I've been in. We learned about cells. I say "we" because I admit I forgot everything I know about them when I puked everything concerning cellular respiration, make-up, and photosynthesis up (out of my brain, I mean, not literally) onto my AP Biology test after 12th grade. My favorite part of the afternoon: When the kids were making edible cells with jello and one of them said, "Mrs. W., do I have to eat my vacuoles or can I pick them out?"

4 comments:

Wes said...

Yay for cells! You've got to teach me how to make those edibles...

Linda Virtue said...

Well, we have another little teacher in our family!! I was with 5th graders today too. I taught them how to add using numbers with the cent sign and the dolaar sign. Fun!

Shelli said...

what in the world are vacuoles?

whitney said...

I don't know, ask Wes. Apparently they kinda act like raisins.