CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Isn't she lovely?



I thank God for bringing my best friend, Shelly, to her wedding day. I know I wasn't the only one praying for her to marry a good man, someone who will appreciate her kind servant's heart, who longs to please God the way she does, and who will honor and love her above himself. I can't think of anyone better for her than Jesse.


The wedding was beautiful. I'm so thankful that I was able to be a part of it. It was truly worshipful, and a great celebration of how God has brought two of His children together to serve and glorify Him together. Every time I attend (or participate in) a wedding like this I learn more about God's faithfulness, His ways of making us more like Christ, and Christ's love. How amazing that the tender love, commitment, passion, and adoration that radiates from the altar is only a faint whisper of what is to come!


The reception was great too, of course. There were lots of friends around, but these were two of my favorites:



This was mine and Maria's second wedding together. Last time, at Emily's, she pretty much trampled me for the bouquet. I caught it this time though, so theoretically she'll get married 3 months before I do. I'm not too worried about all that yet though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i didn't know that shelly gotr married. i am so happy for her. i haven't seen your other buddy at starbucks in a while. how is she?