CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sweeping Generalizations

Student quotes from the night:


Student 1: "Here Whitney, I got you some yellow hair bands to match your hair."
(in case you don't know me, I have brown hair...but, I am American, so it must be yellow...)

Me: "Does anyone know what the word 'offended' means?"
Student 2: "Oh yeah, that's like how people from America think all Asians are Japanese, and when they tell a Chinese person they think they're from Japan the Chinese person gets offended."

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

That's great! People say the funniest things and so do kids. Last night I was babysitting and one of the kids said "I'm the boss." Me"Oh really well then who is going to cook and clean and take care of the others while I play?" he turns to me and says "G can do that."(his 4 year old brother. He is 6.) I love hearing from ya Whit!

Linda Virtue said...

I love your blog & I love you!